Director, Modeling Analytics-AML/Sanctions (Remote Available)
Location: The Colony
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Director, Modeling
Analytics, for either our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ,
Charlotte-Concord, NC or Tampa, FL facility. This person may also
work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Responsible for reviewing monitoring scenarios and controls, system
controls, operational reports, as well as model design and
development with a goal of adding rigor to the overall monitoring
program. Key considerations will include review of control
development, testing, and use, control classification, and control
Effectively manages and leads a team that develops and analyzes
data to predict business results or member behavior. Technically
proficient in statistics, mathematics, and tools used in predictive
modeling. Partners cross-functionally with business to deliver
breakthrough analytical solutions to support a winning strategy in
a continually changing business environment.Job RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level. -Primary Responsibilities:
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role. -
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. -
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
business activities. -
- Builds and manages a strong modeling analytics team.
- Establishes performance objectives and provides ongoing
feedback and coaching.
- Frequently interacts with business partners to identify
opportunities for predictive analytics to drive business strategy
and results forward.
- Delivers insight to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Lead the development, enhancement and implementation of
statistical and other quantitative models to support loss
prediction, assess member value, predict member behavior or
financial performance and other business applications.
- Full ownership of the model development process and
relationship with the business customer: from conceptualization
through data exploration, model selection and validation,
- implementation, business user training and support.
- Develops and provides subject matter expertise on the current
and emerging predictive modeling techniques for various areas
within the financial services industry.
- Monitors and understands emerging technology that can affect
modeling and potential business risk.
- Educates and coaches peers and business partners to leverage
predictive analytical solutions.
- Coordinates with legal counsel to ensure regulatory compliance
regarding model design and the acquisition and usage of data for
segmentation and modeling purposes..When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. -
This will take approximately 5 minutes. - Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not be able to change your responses.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering,
Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field or 4 additional
years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be
substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of experience in statistical analysis and model
development; or if Advanced degree in Statistics, Economics,
Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field then
6 years progressive data modeling experience. -
- 3 years of team lead or management experience required.
- Expert knowledge of key econometric and statistical techniques
(predictive modeling, logistic regression, survival analysis,
design of experiments, decision trees, data mining methods, and
other advanced statistical and econometric techniques).
- Knowledgeable in Data Modeling and Data warehouse concepts
- Experience in data modeling (dimensional and other techniques
using modeling tools) along with transactional systems, data
warehouses and data marts.
- Proficiency with design, conceptual, logical and physical data
modelsPreferred Experience: -
- Experience leading a quantitative team and/or significant
- Experience in fraud or compliance risk modeling
- Strong SAS, SQL, R, and/or Python programming
- Experience with visualization business intelligence tools
- Experience working with business and risk control
- Clear and concise communicator
- Ability to communicate complex concepts
- CAMS CertificationAttachmentsThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 -
$211,700* (this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average. - Shift
premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable
roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. -
-Benefits: -At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to
support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. - These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. - Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details.Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, The Colony , Director, Modeling Analytics-AML/Sanctions (Remote Available), Executive , The Colony, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!