Credit Card Product Management Director - Rewards Credit Card Products
Location: The Colony
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Credit Card Product
Management Director-Rewards Credit Card Products for our San
Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Colorado
Springs, CO; or Tampa, FL or Remote locations.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and
the employee's manager. Candidates are expected to live a
commutable distance from of one of our offices in San Antonio, TX,
Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO or
Charlotte, NC. This position also has the option to be Remote.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
Job Profile Summary
This position sits on the USAA Credit Card Products team and is
responsible for managing multiple facets of a credit card
portfolio. The role will use a balance of creativity and
data-driven intel to formulate product strategy recommendations.
This role supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may
lead in the development and launch strategy for new credit card
The ideal candidate will know how to compile, analyze and interpret
data to make strategic and tactical recommendations for the credit
card product life-cycle against aggressive timelines. With their
knowledge of the payments industry, competitive analysis and
marketplace data will help drive strategies for portfolio
Formulates product/sales strategy recommendations based on analysis
of profitability, competitiveness and sales performance for the
product life cycle. Compile, analyze and interpret data to make
strategic and tactical recommendations or decisions pertaining to
sales/product performance. Responsible for defining the business
questions and providing insights to improve business performance.
Supports the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in
the development and launch of less complex, new products with
channel partners.Job RequirementsPrimary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leverages internal and external data and member information to
support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive
- Develops product dashboards and metrics recommendations in
support of analyzing and evaluating strategic performance.
- Partners with Marketing to define go-to-market and value
proposition strategy of the product/feature.
- Develops recommendations to launch new products and the
evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally.
- Acts as product SME on features and services and collaborates
with business partners to provide recommendations.
- Analyzes and evaluates product performance metrics to form
recommendations regarding market opportunities and product
- Leads efforts to expand or change existing product
- Contributes to decisions regarding product pricing and
- Identifies and evaluates potential providers for alliance
- Provides support regarding all aspects of Product Life
- Approves and provides support in developing, editing and
distributing product communications. -
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal,
Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are
designed, implemented and managed in compliance with all applicable
laws and regulations.
- Contributes to the overall strategy of the business and
collaborates with alliance to develop product strategy.
- Interprets performance results to inform product or sales
forecast and planning.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain,
Statistics, or related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience
(in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree (12 years of experience in lieu of a
- 8 years of relevant industry experience in Actuary,
Underwriting, Marketing or Sales/Service or Finance/Accounting
Operations or Financial Services.
- 3 years of product management, or similar strategic management
experience (similar experience includes direct support in managing
- 2 years of Data Visualization experience (i.e. Tableau).
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations (i.e. FDIC, CFPB,
- Expert experience in creating product briefings and presenting
to executive leadership.
- Experienced in market research to create product roadmap, make
product decisions and iterate rapidly.
- Knowledge of applicable product related regulations, and risk
and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include:
TILA/REG Z, SCRA/MLA (given our demographic), Reg B, FCRA,
- 3 or more years working directly with credit card products,
including managing a credit card portfolio and P&L.
- Experience working with credit card ancillary benefits and
features, including partnering with merchants and payment
- Attention to detail, adhering to tight deadlines and managing
multiple projects with conflicting timelines. -
- Proficient in communicating with stakeholders at all levels and
across multiple business units. -
- Experience leading and collaborating with key resources and
stakeholders, influencing decisions, and managing work to achieve
- A working understanding of Agile methodology, specifically how
to engage with Agile technology teams and assisting in conveying
business requirements for the purpose of building development
features.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has
an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $106,800--$192,300.Employees may
be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national
average.Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals.To see details on our outstanding
benefits, visit .Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, The Colony , Credit Card Product Management Director - Rewards Credit Card Products, Executive , The Colony, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!