Senior Software Engineer
Location: The Colony
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer
for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX facility.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days'
onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee's
The candidate selected for this position will be working in the
P&C New Product Omni Channel Organization. They will be
responsible for delivering new products to enable USAA to grow our
business and provide maximum value to our Members and MSR's
utilizing various technologies to include, Salesforce and java.
Provides support to the Enterprise through delivering best in class
technology solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems
and application development lifecycle which include gathering and
analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting, and
implementing software, responding to outages.Job RequirementsAbout
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.About USAA ITOur most meaningful qualification isn't
technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a
screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every
day.We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more
passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of
supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals
focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to
add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find
exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. - -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions
across many technologies to tie together existing systems and
- Lead code/design reviews with team to ensure smooth daily
operations and accurate planning.
- Develop complex algorithms to solve business needs
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system
technical problems and production issues by directing
troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions.
- Mentors' engineers, coach engineers on design, development, and
maintenance of systems; Review teammates' code
- Influence architecture, quality standards and understand,
identify, measure across entire solution
- Identify system performance issues and optimize solutionMinimum
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond
the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of software development experience demonstrating depth
of technical understanding within a specific
- 4 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all
phases of the software systems and application development
lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Basic Understanding of one or more of the following: Java,
- Demonstrated experience researching technical issues and
generating creative/innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience addressing production issues by
troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and
secure system fundamentalsWhen you apply for this position, you
will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Preferred experience:
- Prior development experience with the Salesforce Platform
- Experience developing and implementing system integration
solutions using APIs or Event based patterns
- Experience developing and implementing solutions on Cloud
platforms and/or TalonThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation:USAA has an effective method for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this skill is: $106,800 -
$192,300* Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average.Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals. Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
Not Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, The Colony , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , The Colony, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!