Technical Support Engineer RF DAS
Location: The Colony
Posted on: November 18, 2022
In our 'always on' world, we believe it's essential to have a
genuine connection with the work you do.The Distributed Antenna
Systems (DAS) solve the need for robust, scalable, multi-operator
mobile communications in enterprises and large venues. CommScope's
ERA all-digital C-RAN DAS improves LTE and 5G performance and
flexibility while reducing space and power requirements. -How
You'll help us connect the world: -Reporting to our Technical
Support Manager NAR (North America), the focus resides in
developing and collaborating with a team of engineers to provide
24x7 technical support services, meeting the customer committed SLA
for the NAR region and supporting Mobile Operators, Neutral Hosts,
OEMs, and other end customers.Our products are fully customized and
built in-house; the team possesses a wide breadth of technical
expertise, covering software, RF, analog, digital, FPGA, and
mechanical aspects of our products. Engineers are encouraged to
gain vast knowledge in system design areas of the products and
provide technical mentorship to the design engineering team while
solving any difficult field-related systems issues.This role
involves delivering technical training for internal and external
customers, working in partnership with Sales, Technical Support,
PLM, and R&D with feedback from the training session on
products, services, processes, or documentation user documentation.
-Duties & Responsibilities: -
- Provide technical support to internal personnel, including
sales, project managers, business development, and engineering, as
well as external customers, including Distributed Antenna Systems
(DAS) value added resellers (VARs), distributors, partners, and
original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
- Provide end-to-end issue resolution support.
- Meet or exceed Distributed Coverage and Capacity Systems (DCCS)
scorecard. performance targets and customer Service Level
- Help customers with installations and upgrades and provide
on-site project support to solve issues.
- Use CRM tool to submit, update, and track resolution of
customer issues, and create a documented closed loop for each
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) and work closely with
both the development and Product Line Management (PLM) prior to
launch of new products or software, including pre-testing software
and products in the technical support lab.
- Work with quality to open quality notifications for widespread
or frequent issues.
- Collaborate with quality, manufacturing, PLM, and R&D in
root cause analysis (RCA), including opening tickets to track
actions stemming from RCA analysis.
- Participate in the DAS customer helpline pool to resolve
- Assist customers with active DAS designs for product only sale,
including VISIO and iBWAVE.
- Work with R&D and quality to improve the customer
experience and ease of use for DCCS products.
- Provide response on usability and robustness improvements.
- Open products tickets with PLM and R&D including proposed
- Collaborate with the technical writers and play as key reviewer
from PLM, design so that end user documents are of the highest
quality and ease to use.
- Up to 5% travel (primarily within US). -Required Skills: -
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering,
Telecom Engineering, Optical Engineering, or a closely related
field, and 4+years or Masters with 2 years of experience providing
Wireless product technical support preferably for DAS.
- Experience in each of the following is recommended:
- Testing and optimization of commercial deployments of LTE ,
GSM, CDMA, and UMTS
- Working for or directly with Tier 1 wireless carriers
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience with over-the-air
repeaters, passive DAS, Optical DAS
- Hands-on experience with UNIX shell commands and scripting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel,
- Detail oriented individual with excellent interpersonal
- Ability to manage priorities / time with challenging demands.
-You'll excite us if you have: -
- Experience with ERP like SAP
- Familiarly with customer CRM tool or ticketing system
- Experience with Networking. CCNA background is nice to
- iBwave -#LI-RB1Why CommScope? -CommScope is on a quest to
deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn.
-Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology
that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of
Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. -With our
unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure,
our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for
the needs of tomorrow. -
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and
caring people who strive to create what's next---..come connect to
your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people
with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation
for the application or interview process, please contact us to
submit your request at email@example.com. You can
also learn more about CommScope's accommodation process and EEO
policy at careers.commscope.com/eeoReq ID 72904
Keywords: CommScope, The Colony , Technical Support Engineer RF DAS, IT / Software / Systems , The Colony, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!