Bilingual Human Resources Generalist
Company: THE APPAREL GROUP LTD INC
Location: The Colony
Posted on: March 17, 2020
The Human Resources Generalist will run the daily functions of
the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and
interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and
enforcing company policies and practices.
- Maintains employee records, ensuring completion and accuracy of
details such as employee contact information, job classification,
pay rates, organizational structure, and other key details.
- Performs administrative and recordkeeping tasks related to
staffing changes, which may include layoffs, resignations,
terminations, and extended leaves of absence.
- Assists with the administration of employee benefits, which may
include collecting and submitting employee information and notice
of change in status to health, dental, life, disability, and other
insurance carriers or insurance brokers.
- Plans and supports company-wide information meetings such as
open enrollment, new hire orientation, and meetings to announce or
discuss changes in retirement or benefits plans.
- Conducts or assists with record audits and mandatory reports,
which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, payroll audits, and
other compliance reviews.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and
non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
This may include safety training, anti-harassment training,
professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified
job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental
managers to understand skills and competencies required for
- Maintains accurate records of active job openings and received
applications; manages internal and external job postings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human
resource programs including but not limited to compensation,
benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and
investigations; performance and talent management; productivity,
recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and
training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants,
employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive
matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings,
terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the
organization's HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field required.
- At least two years of human resource management experience
- Bilingual a must - Spanish
- SHRM-CP a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the
Keywords: THE APPAREL GROUP LTD INC, The Colony , Bilingual Human Resources Generalist, Other , The Colony, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!